Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

Turkish-Azerbaijani consortium could buy Lukoil's business in Bulgaria

Photo: BTA

A consortium of Azerbaijan's state company SOCAR and Turkish private holding Cengiz is the preferred candidate for the business of Russian company Lukoil in Bulgaria, Dnevnik has reported, quoting Capital. Last month, CEO and co-owner of Cengiz Holding, Mehmet Cengiz said that the deal was not yet completed, but was in the final stages and the sale was expected to take place within 2-3 months. On Wednesday, the government approved an agreement between Bulgaria and Azerbaijan to encourage investments.

The sale includes the country's main refinery in Burgas and Lukoil Bulgaria - a leading fuel trader in Bulgaria with over 220 gas stations. Earlier this month, the Russian ambassador to Sofia, Eleonora Mitrofanova, said that Lukoil's Bulgarian subsidiaries often face pressure from state authorities, BTA reports.

Editor: Miglena Ivanova

Publication in English: Alexander Markov

Photo: BTA



Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Delyan Peevski

''DPS – New Beginning'' urges that local taxes remain unchanged in 2026

“I call on all representatives of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms in local government — mayors and municipal councilors — to ensure security and predictability for the people and to take the necessary steps to keep all local taxes and fees..

published on 11/25/25 10:02 AM

Bulgaria rises in global digital quality of life ranking

Bulgaria has climbed to 11th place in this year’s Digital Quality of Life 2025 (DQL) index published by Surfshark, up from 18th last year, BTA reported. The index evaluates countries’ digital well-being across five dimensions: fixed broadband..

published on 11/25/25 9:45 AM
Todor Chobanov

Bulgaria expects the return of over 2,700 antiques from abroad

Around 90% of the antiques seized during an international operation targeting a cultural property trafficking network will be returned to Bulgaria, Deputy Minister of Culture Todor Chobanov told “Nova TV”.   “This is an unprecedented operation in..

published on 11/25/25 9:22 AM