Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

Turkish-Azerbaijani consortium could buy Lukoil's business in Bulgaria

Photo: BTA

A consortium of Azerbaijan's state company SOCAR and Turkish private holding Cengiz is the preferred candidate for the business of Russian company Lukoil in Bulgaria, Dnevnik has reported, quoting Capital. Last month, CEO and co-owner of Cengiz Holding, Mehmet Cengiz said that the deal was not yet completed, but was in the final stages and the sale was expected to take place within 2-3 months. On Wednesday, the government approved an agreement between Bulgaria and Azerbaijan to encourage investments.

The sale includes the country's main refinery in Burgas and Lukoil Bulgaria - a leading fuel trader in Bulgaria with over 220 gas stations. Earlier this month, the Russian ambassador to Sofia, Eleonora Mitrofanova, said that Lukoil's Bulgarian subsidiaries often face pressure from state authorities, BTA reports.

Editor: Miglena Ivanova

Publication in English: Alexander Markov

Photo: BTA



Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

State-owned enterprises to combat corruption through a compliance officer

The National Assembly has introduced a new requirement for state-owned enterprises to implement corruption risk management systems, which will also include appointing an integrity officer. The measure is recommended by the Organisation for Economic..

published on 11/27/25 1:30 PM

Budget 2026 is being frozen, GERB are ready to rule with the old budget

GERB leader Boyko Borissov said that he did not like budget 2026 and it would be frozen. Speaking to the media in parliament, Borissov said that the Joint Governance Council of the formations in the government, the Prime Minister..

published on 11/27/25 11:18 AM
Hristijan Mickoski

North Macedonian Prime Minister mocks attacked Macedonian Bulgarian Vladimir Perev

North Macedonian Prime Minister Hristijan Mickoski accused attacked Macedonian Bulgarian journalist Vladimir Perev of staging the attack and self-harm, BGNES has reported. On November 21, in a shop in the center of Skopje, Perev..

published on 11/27/25 8:55 AM