Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

Turkish-Azerbaijani consortium could buy Lukoil's business in Bulgaria

Photo: BTA

A consortium of Azerbaijan's state company SOCAR and Turkish private holding Cengiz is the preferred candidate for the business of Russian company Lukoil in Bulgaria, Dnevnik has reported, quoting Capital. Last month, CEO and co-owner of Cengiz Holding, Mehmet Cengiz said that the deal was not yet completed, but was in the final stages and the sale was expected to take place within 2-3 months. On Wednesday, the government approved an agreement between Bulgaria and Azerbaijan to encourage investments.

The sale includes the country's main refinery in Burgas and Lukoil Bulgaria - a leading fuel trader in Bulgaria with over 220 gas stations. Earlier this month, the Russian ambassador to Sofia, Eleonora Mitrofanova, said that Lukoil's Bulgarian subsidiaries often face pressure from state authorities, BTA reports.

Editor: Miglena Ivanova

Publication in English: Alexander Markov

Photo: BTA



Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Amendments to the draft budget hint at state's readiness to buy Lukoil assets

Two billion euros in additional state guarantees and a concession of the Bulgarian Sports Totalizator are part of changes to the draft budget for 2026, submitted between the first and second readings. The change that increases the..

published on 11/25/25 4:47 PM

More than 86% of people say that wage growth in 2025 is not sufficient

The increase in the minimum wage is supported by 54.1% of Bulgarians. 1/3 of respondents believe that the minimum wage should be equal to the living wage. This is indicated by the results of a representative survey by the Myara..

published on 11/25/25 1:19 PM

President Rumen Radev: Peace in Ukraine will be written by the victors

“We see a rational plan for a quick peace from President Donald Trump, according to which the situation on the battlefield is developing extremely unfavorably for Ukraine, and he is trying to prevent a worse scenario and additional casualties,”..

published on 11/25/25 11:14 AM