The national pilgrimage marking the return of the relics of St. John of Rila from the town of Veliko Tarnovo to the Rila Monastery has begun.
The route connecting the old Bulgarian capital and the Rila Monastery is 700 kilometers long and crosses 70 churches and monasteries. The pilgrimage will end on August 6.
On October 19, 1238 the relics of St John of Rila were solemnly transferred to the new capital, Tarnovo, and put in a church dedicated to the saint. In the year 1469, Saint John's relics were translated to the Rila monastery where they rest to the present day.
The newest exhibition at the National Museum of Military History in Sofia, 'War and the Creatives: A Journey Through Darkness' opens today, offering free entry as a gesture to those who were unable to visit during the recent renovations. Rather than..
A 5,000-year-long history lies hidden in the ruins of the medieval fortress “Ryahovets” near the town of Gorna Oryahovitsa where active excavations began ten years ago. On this occasion, on November 17, the Historical Museum in Gorna Oryahovitsa..
Just days ago, archaeologists uncovered part of the complex underground infrastructure that once served the Roman baths of Ratiaria - one of the most important ancient cities in Bulgaria’s northwest. Founded in the 1st century in the area of..
+359 2 9336 661