Podcast in English
Text size
Bulgarian National Radio © 2025 All Rights Reserved

Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry recommends avoiding travel to Serbia on the weekend, protests expected

Photo: apnews.com

Bulgarian citizens and road hauliers should avoid traveling to Serbia on March 15 and 16 except in cases of extreme necessity, until the protest actions are over, advises the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry.

On Saturday, March 15, another organized large-scale protest will be held in Belgrade. Outages in mobile communications, disruption of numerous public services, including emergency medical care, major traffic jams and others are possible, informs the foreign ministry.

Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said that he expects the opposition to organize major violence at the protest on March 15 in Belgrade. 

Serbian students have been protesting for 4 months in various major Serbian cities with demands for the authorities to take responsibility for the deaths of 15 people in Novi Sad after a concrete canopy collapsed at the city's renovated railway station on November 1, 2024.



Последвайте ни и в Google News Showcase, за да научите най-важното от деня!
Listen to the daily news from Bulgaria presented in "Bulgaria Today" podcast, available in Spotify.

More from category

Delyan Peevski

''DPS – New Beginning'' urges that local taxes remain unchanged in 2026

“I call on all representatives of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms in local government — mayors and municipal councilors — to ensure security and predictability for the people and to take the necessary steps to keep all local taxes and fees..

published on 11/25/25 10:02 AM

Bulgaria rises in global digital quality of life ranking

Bulgaria has climbed to 11th place in this year’s Digital Quality of Life 2025 (DQL) index published by Surfshark, up from 18th last year, BTA reported. The index evaluates countries’ digital well-being across five dimensions: fixed broadband..

published on 11/25/25 9:45 AM
Todor Chobanov

Bulgaria expects the return of over 2,700 antiques from abroad

Around 90% of the antiques seized during an international operation targeting a cultural property trafficking network will be returned to Bulgaria, Deputy Minister of Culture Todor Chobanov told “Nova TV”.   “This is an unprecedented operation in..

published on 11/25/25 9:22 AM